Monday, March 24, 2008

Passion


I spend a huge part of my day writing. If I don’t physically have my pink or purple BiC Velocity pen in my right hand creating words, expressions, and emotion on numerous sheets of paper, I let my fingers do all the work. Blogging is my new form of expression. I have to admit, there are a lot of you subscribed to my blog. To tell the truth, I didn’t expect to have any readers. I just blog for fun. And in all honestly, I didn’t think anyone would care to read about my problems or thoughts. To those that are subscribed and to those who read regularly, Thanks! My level of confidence has improved and is way more stable than what it has been over the past years. You have my up most gratitude. When I have more than enough readers I might have to start charging . No really. I will start charging... (Specifically talking about my MySpace blog)

When I’m not writing or blogging, I’m in the kitchen trying out new baking recipes or recreating my specialties. Baking is another form of expression for me. Just like when I write, I zone out and forget about the world around me. I didn’t forget that I owe some of you cakes and I am a woman of my word, so when I am able to personally hand you my delicious homemade Hershey’s Chocolate Brownies or homemade cakes made with homemade frosting, or whatever your dessert vice is, just sit tight. You’ll get. I promise.

July 7, 2008 I will be attending Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute. October 9, 2009 I will have my Associates Degree in Patisserie and Baking arts. Once I have established myself, I plan on opening my own bakery/pastry shop. So I will be expecting you all to come to me . If you become my best customers I might consider giving you some of my goodies for free. No pun intended for all you dirty minds out there.

I want to conclude by saying, writing has always been my natural talent and it has always been something I used to escape from the harsh world we live in. I love it to death! I discovered that I was drawn to baking when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I would sit next to my Nana at the kitchen table watching how she would create her famous Sweet Potatoes Pies, countless types of Bunt cakes, and 7up Cakes. I knew I had potential and a passion for baking when I was 13 years old and baked my first homemade cake for Thanksgiving 1998. The cake happened to be Red Velvet and has since then been my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a stranger. Leave me comments so I can feel important! :)