Friday, October 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home



Date: September 23, 2011 to September 28, 2011
Time: 11:00 AM Friday Eastern Standard Time (Michigan) to 8:30 PM Wednesday Mountain Standard Time (Arizona)
Location: Clinton Township, Michigan and Phoenix, Arizona

Continuation...

After being dropped off by Kenny at my moms house, there wasn't much to do but watch the Wendy Williams Show, eat the remaining two inches of my italian sub I had from the night before, and nap until my little big brother got out of school. Being the dreary, cold, rainy Friday that it was, the mood of the day didn't leave much room for anything but sleepy-laziness. My mom and I ventured out into the depressing wether to pick up my little big brother, Lexis, from middle school. Afterwards, we made our way over to Walmart picking up some goodies to last until my unwanted departure.

I spent the remainder of my stay reuniting with my great aunt, aunts, uncles, cousins, and family friends--people I haven't seen in years! It was a  mini family reunion of sorts.

I have a lot of drunken memories from Saturday. I never visioned myself as a kid getting wasted with family members. I had a lot of fun that night. Sunday was another day to remember. I had an impromptu family dinner at my great aunts house. Good food, good memories, and a lot of shared true ghost stories. You'd never believe any of those stories if I ever told you. I spent Monday with my dad. We went out to eat and we seen The Help. I love that movie. Check it it sometime. I can't wait until it comes out on video.

Tuesday was spent being miserable and sick from that cold I cought at Kenny's place. Who do you know that goes on vacation and ends up getting sick? Oh. Well, Darling that person is me of course. My mom took good care of me though. I would've felt better if she cranked on the heat. Michigan is cold this time of year.

The last day. Wednesday. I spent with my Kenny. We went out to lunch. But before he could let me go on to my flight, he brought me a really pretty ring. I mean, he let me pick it out. But it was really pretty. I wish I knew what kind of stone is.

The flight home was typical. I didn't want to leave. I couldn't believe all ten days flew by in the blink of an eye. I spent the flight back to Arizona in awe of my new ring and thinking back on all the good times I had. If I could do it all again, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But the time had come to move on and get back to reality.

No matter where you go. No matter what you do. There's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a stranger. Leave me comments so I can feel important! :)