Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shiraz

Date: November 3, 2011
Location: Work
Time: Sometime after 9:00 PM

I grew up today. No, I don't mean in a forceful way, I meant it in a wine enthusiast way. I tasted the flavors of adulthood tonight at work at the bar and I liked it! I would've never in my wildest dream...ok. Maybe my wildest dream, but that's where it ends. I never thought that I'd taste the strong burnt berry flavors of red wine again since my unexpectant run in with moscato nine moths ago. But there I was sipping gladly without a care in the word.

Red wine is far from my usual alcohol of choice. I'd normally go for white or blush wines and cocktails. The only reason I ran for the shiraz was because of the $2.00 price tag a glass...or the $2.00 employee price tag, I should say. Otherwise I would've been like, "Fuck it!" and drove my sober ass home. My second glass of wine was merlot, only because I'd unexpectedly drank the last of the shiraz and also because the $2.95 price tag was screaming out to my dollars like a $2.95 hooker. I couldn't say no. The wine and I was a done deal.

After leaving my job, I made an unexpected stop at Fry's just for the hell of it. I didn't have to buy a thing but I found myself buying Yellow Tail shiraz-grenache. Why grenache you ask? Hell if I know. It was just one of those things I had to buy.

After tasting all three types of wines in the matter of two hours, I started to experience a kick ass buzz. I kinda liked what was going on. The effects kicked in quicker than liquor. Hey! I made a rhyme. Haa haa! The taste was a tad bitter than what I'm used to drinking. As long as I have a hearty meat or sweet chocolate, the tartness is nothing I can't bare. I guess I would have to say the taste of the shiraz was a little more sophisticated than what I would've expected it to be.

However, as they say, all good things must come to an end, considering how I've been drinking. And you know, they say you shouldn't drink and write. Apparently that's a no go either. So on that note, I'm out!

Peace, Love, and Drunkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a stranger. Leave me comments so I can feel important! :)