Monday, November 28, 2011

Long Distance Relationships Don't Work Part. 2



I've said this before and I'll say it again. Long distance relationships do not work! I don't care how many ways you slice it or dice it. No matter what, the distance will defeat you and you'll be left broken hearted and regretful.

In the span of three years I found myself in seven long distant relationships and coincidentally, they were all with someone from Detroit, Michigan. My first long distant experience happened by default. His name is Kimani (KEY-mon-knee). We met a few weeks prior to me moving to Arizona, so only naturally our relationship carried over seven State lines. That long distant relationship lasted roughly a month. We both came to the same realization that the situation we were in was completely unfair to us both so we agreed to remain as friends. Kimani continues to be a solid foundation in my life. He's one of the bestest friends anyone could have could have.

My last long distant relationship didn't end so well. Despite our fall out, he will have a permeant spot in my heart. My long distant heart throb goes by the alias Kenny. You may have heard of him. I've only written 12 blog posts about him. The bond we shared was instant. Out of this world most would say! He was truly remarkable. I'd doubt if I'd ever encounter someone with the same par as him. I never wanted to jump into another long distance relationship because I knew what it did to both people involved. I didn't want to go through that pain again, let alone with him. But as Kenny would have it, he wanted to experience it considering how he's never been in one. I gave in and both of our lives were forever changed. Nine months later, this wonderful fantastic thing we called love blew up in our faces and we aren't even talking anymore. Bummer.

My five other long distance relationships didn't end so well either. There were a lot of big fall outs that involved being cursed out, being deleted from Facebook, being Blocked on Facebook, being erased from phone contacts, having an erased text message history, deleting of pictures, and deleted from email/IM (Instant Message). And that was only from my end. I'm an emotional creature. I never let any relationship go without a fight. After the dust settled, I've managed to get in contact and stay in contact with 5 out of 7 of my dudes. That's roughly 83%. Honestly, I'd like to up that number to 90% because I'm too lazy to hold a grudge and I really do consider one of my dudes to be a very close friend. The last 17% can kick rocks. I didn't know him from a can of paint. But, only time would tell with him. Hopefully he will come around. And, yes, I'm talking about you, Kenny. I know you're reading this.

I'm sure my relationship with these dudes would've lasted a hell of a lot longer, on top of these some of these relationships not even happening if I stayed in Michigan.

For now on, I'm sticking to my local dudes. No more dating across the State lines. It causes nothing but grief and insanity.  

To read the original Long Distance Relationships Don't Work click on the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a stranger. Leave me comments so I can feel important! :)