Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mullet

Date: July 22, 2011
Time: Sometime after 7ish PM
Location: Somewhere in the South East Valley

Standing up against the back wall of the restaurant, Krissy gazes onto the sea of patrons as they enjoy their Friday night out. A coworker decides to join her to engage in a short conversation.

I know. I gets tiring, right?

Yeah, it does sometimes. I'm just waiting for my table to put their payment in the damn check presenter. They're taking forever.

((Silents breaks out for a quick second))

You know what I love about this place?

What?

I love how we're all professional out here with the customers but as soon as we hit that corner we're all cussin' at each other, being offensive--

Laughing histerically, Preston had an ah-ha moment.

I know! It would be a lot more interesting around here if they knew what was going on.

It's like, business in the front and party in the back.

I've never thought of it that way. Our restaurant is a mullet.

Pretty much.

Still laughing, Preston, walks off into the kitchen.

David creeps up after Preston walks off.

I liked how you just compared (the restaurant that should not be named) to a mullet. That was epic!

Laughing at herself, Krissy replies,

I know! I've been thinkin' about that for months!




Then at that moment, Krissy, Preston, and David all realized why they loved their job so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a stranger. Leave me comments so I can feel important! :)