Saturday, March 26, 2011

Insomniac

You might be asking yourself why I'm up at 4 AM typing a blog. Well, the truth is that I'm an insomniac and I generally don't fall asleep until the wee hours of 3:30 AM or 6:00 AM.

Rough, right?

Not really. Being up during this time of night is relaxing for me because all the hassle and bustle has settled and it gives me a chance to focus on my writing. Well, not so much writing as it is blogging. The silence gives me even more reason to focus on the delightful composed inbox I enjoy typing for my Kenny on Facebook.

Why?

Because that's what we do. We have our daily Facebook inbox pow-wows as I mentioned in this blog.

Three years ago when I first moved to Arizona, I purchased my Flamingo Pink Dell Inspirion 1525, for one purpose. That purpose was to type my manuscript for my first novel. I found that I work better during the wee hours of the night. I was driven to become a novelist. But, as life would have it, things happened, as mentioned here, and I developed writer's block for the better part of three years. Every now and then I'd go back and read all the drifts I prepared and shake my head at the regress I made. I promised myself that I would be published one day. I just have to get married first. Marriage is my evil plan at getting back for all the time I lost. MuHAHAHAaaaaaH!

Oh...(looking around embarrassed) You're still here.

(clearing throat)

Being up this late gets lonely. There really isn't anyone to talk to. Luckily, five days a week I have my Kenny by my side to talk to. When I say 'by my side' I mean by text or telephone. We're currently in a long distance relationship. So, it's literally impossible to be physically side-by-side. We talk through out the night seeing as how he works midnights. We're on the same sleeping schedule. It all just kind of works out if you ask me. But don't ask. I just gave you the answer, remember? However, for those other two days a week, it's just me. It usually ends with me staring at the walls listening to iTunes trying to get myself to blog or pre-sleeping. Sometimes both. Pre-sleeping is a word me and my Kenny came up with to describe one who has fallen asleep before ones bedtime. Sort of a nap before going to bed. So far, I'm the pre-sleep champ of the year. Damn proud of it!

Hmm..Just Googled pre-sleep. Looks like the word already exist. However, the scientific definition differs from ours.

What was I talking about, again?...Oh! As you can tell, today is one of his off days. Otherwise, I would've been pre-sleeping, sleep, or blogged earlier.

I usually enjoy a glass or two or three of Moscato during my Blog Nights. Sorry to break it to you, but this isn't one of those nights. I chose to go with water tonight. I don't know why that is. It just sort of happened. Water sucks! My creative juices aren't buzzed.

Oh crap. I'm sleepy.

Talk amongst yourselves. I'll be back in the afternoon.

UPDATE: Facebook status 3/26/11: "Yup! I got no hours of sleep. Its official. I'm a zombie."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a stranger. Leave me comments so I can feel important! :)