Tuesday, February 8, 2011


A day in the life of me.

Last week this time I was in perfect health. Everything was normal and I had no worries. Until, I find out my Nana was sick and she was sneezin' and snottin' all over the house.

I thought I could escape the horror while I was at work. I was wrong. One of the Service Clerks (bagger) told me she had the flu since Friday. I gave her the "bitch, please" look and asked her why she didn't call out. Thinking back on it, I don't think she answered me.

A few hours later I headed to the break room to take my 15 minute break. While I was in there I rested my gum on the lid of a water bottle and started to drink the water. After 15 minutes past, I popped the gum back in my mouth and headed back to my register only to find my water bottle sitting there. I looked down at the water bottle in my hand, said "Ew!", and threw the bottle in the trash. It's sick to think that I was drinking after someone. Shortly after that incident, my throat felt scratchy. "Oooh no." I thought and I spotted another sick Service Clerk. He was walking around with a half gallon of OJ. It was starting to feel like a preschool up in there.

I woke up to the beginnings of a scratchy throat coughing here and there. I went to work to pick up my check and by that time the scratchiness had advanced. I brought some Simply Orange orange juice and guzzled it down when I got home. The vitamin C helped a lot. My throat was soothed. 

I felt like I had someones hand resting firmly around my neck.

I woke up to find my voice completely gone! Being the team player that I am, I called my manager after gaining some of my voice back. I gave him a heads up on my situation and showed up to work a few hours later. I couldn't talk much if at all. But I was there. That's all that counts.

I missed church. I was in a NyQuil coma and over slept by four hours. When I got to work my body caught up with my sickness and brought me down. Two hours into my shift, I felt like I wouldn't be able to make it the rest of the night. But I did.

Monday (today but technically yeasterday if you factor in the time)
My off day. I was practically in bed all day. The NyQuil was in my system and I slept until 2 PM. I tried to study for my X-Ray Certification but I couldn't read but one paragraph before giving up. Today just wasn't my day. My throat is a lot more clearer but it really doesn't matter if the rest of me is sick. My body aches and what-not.

I don't know if it was my Nana, the girl at work, the water bottle, or the boy at work that got me sick. But whatever it was, it got me sick. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Sorry this blog was such a disappointment. I'm sick! Cut me come slack.   


  1. Feel better! Drink lots of fluids, warm ones help with the soreness!

  2. NASTY! Somebody else's water bottle!!! That's the worse. Just thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies.

  3. In my defense the bottle was full and there's a possibility that it belonged to no one. I can't remember if I broke the seal. In my defense.

    Thanks, Athena. I went a totally different route and started eating fruits and veggies. Hot showers are good too because of the humidity


Don't be a stranger. Leave me comments so I can feel important! :)